Wednesday 30 November 2011

Canberra in bloom

I’m currently in Canberra for work – taking part in a two day workshop with our comms team.
I was in Canberra a little over a month ago, playing ‘tour guide’ to a group of 20 teachers from South Australia. While the schedule was jammed-packed I managed to schedule in some free time for the group at the Floriade Flower Festival.

Featuring more than a million blooms, Florade is Australia’s celebration of spring, as Canberra’s Commonwealth Park is transformed into an explosion of colour.  
While I wouldn’t make the trip to Canberra especially for Floriade, it is definitely worth going to if you are ever in our nation’s capital during the festival. Entry is free and even Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II popped in for visit on her recent national tour.

Queen Elizabeth II with Floriade head gardener on October 20 2011. Image: Zimbio.com

By the time I had some lunch I didn’t have enough time to see everything and properly take in it all, but I managed to snap a couple of pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...